02 April 2007

Here’s me, then…


My room was ready on time, freshly painted, curtains washed, new nearly-wood floor, and the most horrifying coverlet in Britain. I tried flipping it over, but it’s the same thing on the other side. Feline would love it, and the Ladies of Beacon Hill know why. Not ducks, though; horses. Damn thing gives me nightmares.

The TV brings in five channels, one of which enabled me to watch a new production of Jane Austen’s Persuasion, which is my favorite. Breaks my heart every time, though I know the guaranteed happy ending. Good ol’ Jane. Most of the rest of what’s on is crap, same as at home, but whilst in a Jane Austen sort of mood I picked up a DVD of Sense and Sensibility at Tesco today to watch on my widescreen laptop tonight. That’s entertainment.

Meanwhile I’m getting comfy on my bed with the fourth Steven Saylor Roma Sub Rosa mystery, looking forward to some delicious tomato soup, and watching the sun get low over the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham through my 7-foot-tall window. I live in a street of white houses, so the changes in light can be quite wonderful. This morning when I woke up all the east faces of the houses were pink. Mind you I don’t make a habit of waking up at sunrise, but my Yank body clock is still making a few adjustments. At least I’m past the falling-asleep-on-my-feet-every-day-at-teatime phase.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, that's the little green vase we got you in Philly!

I'd love to see more pictures of the flat...

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's the handblown vase youse guys brought back for me from Philly. You'll notice other items brought from Seattle to make a rented room a home. Absent from that photo are a print of Pike Place Market vegetables from Tamara, a lovely cat-girl netsuke from Doug, a bracelet from Angelina, and of course my own personal "I'm Too Busy" Girl. More pix coming Real Soon Now.

Anonymous said...

WHAT, no pictures of the Most Horrifying Coverlet in Britain?

Anonymous said...

Photos of The Most Horrifying Coverlet in Britain will be sent on request.